Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a severe skin disorder seen as a large recurrent abscesses with discharge, deep inflammation, frequent infections, and scarring. It causes a large amount of pain and quite often impairs the individual's array of movement, but is not contagious. Hidradenitis Suppurativa typically alternates between periods of remission and flare-ups. Here are some some tips for the management and management of Hidradenitis Suppurativa:
1. Quit Smoking! Greater than 80% of Hidradenitis Suppurativa people are smokers which habit is proven to be both a causative and aggravating factor. Smoking cessation tends to bring about improvements within this condition.
2. Lose excess bodyweight. If you are overweight, you'll have more frictional forces in areas where there is skin-to-skin contact, and will also aggravate Hidradenitis Suppurativa making it harder to take care of.
3. Avoid excessive shaving with the area. Shaving further irritates the affected region and may worse the situation.
4. Apply ice packs to the area. The cold will work as an analgesic and will lessen the inflammation, which may increase the condition and provide symptomatic relief.
5. Eat more fish, and less meat. Fish, especially oily ones like salmon and mackerel, are abundant with omega 3 efas, that assist our bodies combat inflammation. Alternatively, red meat contains saturated fats, that causes inflammation. Be maintaining your diet full of anti-inflammatory foods, your condition will improve.
6. Wear loose-fitting clothing. Tight clothing is both a causative and aggravating factor, since it increases frictional forces in your community and keeps the area humid. Opt for loose-fitting clothing instead and attempt to remain cool.
7. Try to handle stress. Again, stress is both a causative and aggravating factor, and it is one of the primary triggers of flare-ups. Make it a point to find the time to do pleasurable relaxing things to do and possibly consult with a counselor to assist you find methods to handle stress and anxiety.
8. Get plenty of vit c! This vitamin not merely improves the disease fighting capability but additionally increases wound healing because it stimulates the formation of collagen. Foods loaded with vitamin C include citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberries, sweet peppers and dark green vegetables. Alternatively, take a daily supplement.
9. Use tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an essential oil with strong antiseptic and skin-enhancing properties. Put some drops of tea tree oil on a ball of cotton and connect with the involved area for a couple minutes daily.
10. Seek emotional support. Hidradenitis Suppurativa can be quite hard psychologically, plus some persons end up alienating themselves. Confer with your trusted members of the family or friends regarding it, and obtain in contact with a nearby support group for example HS-USA and HS Friends UK. Talking with a counselor will also help one to handle the emotional burden from the diseases.